Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tiwala Lang (Have a Little Faith)

I'm baaaaack!
So I haven't posted for more than a week, I'm sorry. I've been busy and tired with school and all. I was supposed to post about my Cristobal climb as soon as I came back last Sunday, but to no one's surprise (I'm sure), I was exhausted.
So here it is, a quick review of my weekend.
Got up early to pick up my cousin, Cait, before heading to the meet-up place. It was her first climb, so my aunt bought her a new tent and sleeping bag. She bought herself a new bag. So, she was pretty ready for the climb.

Achie Cait, all geared up and ready to go! (c) Iris Ang
There was a total of ten of us, some of them I've just met and others I haven't seen in a while. Our guide, Kuya Christian, was the same person who guided us the first time DLSU OC went up Cristobal. He actually remembered those of us who were there last time. Me, Benj and JR. Kudos to the first timers who were able to climb the Devil's Mountain - Ken and Cait.
As usual, I was the last up the mountain. But give me a break, my bag was heavier than usual, it was my first time to carry my own tent on top of everything I normally bring.
Anyway, it wasn't as cold as the first time we went up, which was a bit of a bummer. It was still fun though. We played cards in the tents and mostly just bonded with everyone while waiting for dinner to be ready. DINNER WAS SINIGANG! Extremely happy tummy.
(L-R) Abi, Cait and Iris while we were playing Monopoly Deal.
JR, Benj and Renz
Bonded in the tent for a few more hours. Right before we went to bed, my "friends" decided it would be a good idea to narrate Insidious in deatil and proceed to scare the s*** out of me for the rest of the night. F***ers. 
So anyway, we woke up the next day and went to the mountain's peak. Didn't have much a view though, a pity since they that the scenery is awesome. The fog killed any chance of that though.
(Start top L, clockwise) Godfrey, Rod, JR, Me, Renz, Benj, Kevin, Iris, Abi and Cait.
So we pretty much just took a few pictures at the peak and headed down the mountain. In fairness, I was one of the first of us down. Snaps for me?
So yeah, we went into the town where Kuya Christian lives and washed ourselves off in the lake before we took a proper shower at his house. The lake was freezing cold, but pretty fun.
Chillin at the lake.
So yeah. After we all showered, we headed back to Manila. Exhausted but happy. Cheesy, but it's true.
I'll post something else tomorrow to make up for my extremely long absence. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment