Monday, January 16, 2012

Friday the 13th

I don't get what people have against Friday the 13th. It's just the last weekday on the 13th day of a given month, but people relate bad luck to it.
Honestly, I had a pretty good week, including Friday the 13th. The most eventful was actually Wednesday and Friday.
I had a photoshoot for The Marketer, a JEMA publication for DLSU. Super fun. Thanks to Jica Coronel for making me look pretty and Kashka Tobias for taking the pictures.
Prep time. Photo taken by Kashka Tobias. (More photos soon.)
I got promoted, my lips are sealed about where though. We had our first JE meeting of the year, as well as the first OC meeting of the year. It was super fun hanging out with everyone again. And it's finally crunch time for all the orgs I want to run for officer in. We're down to the last cut by the end of the term, so fingers crossed. This was all on Wednesday.
On Friday was the Oh See What's In Store, which I hosted with Cz Santos, one of the many good friends I have made since joining DLSU OC. It was a lot of fun, even if there was just 25 of us. We actually turned it into a teambuilding seminar, what with all the games we played that inspired cooperation and communication. Even our faculty adviser, Sir Migs, joined in. 
(From top, L-R) Apa, Ryan, Justine, Kean, Larry, Ryu, and ... I can't remember who. Fulfilling requirements for the game, On The Ground.
Just to kill time, we even had Ryuta Murakami make a speech in Japanese and had Ram Manipol translate... kind of. It just ended with us having a laugh and still not understanding anything.
We got Ryu to say 'Outdoor Club' in Japanese.
After everything, OC President, Lance Dy, even treated us to dinner at McDonald's.
Not a bad way to spend the week of Friday the 13th, I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment