Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Crash and Burn

Good morning!
It's the first time this Christmas break that I'm up early in the morning after a complete night's sleep. Yay for me. The purpose of my getting up early was to secure an adjustment pass online for my courses, which I was able to do successfully and quite easily.
For those non-La Sallians reading, we accomplish this by logging into MLS (My.Lasalle) and proceed to do whatever we need to do there.
I can't say the same for quite a number of my friends though. The MLS servers crashed on them during the tense moments of securing their own before the allotted number of passes ran out. No surprise there - about MLS crashing, I mean.
It has been a sore spot with La Sallian students that the MLS servers always seem to crash at the most inconvenient moments (i.e. enlistment of classes, adjustment of classes and securing of adjustment passes).
At one point, MLS started to trend on people's Facebook. The social network thought that the 'MLS' we were talking (mostly ranting) about was Major League Soccer.
Just a few of today's rants about "Major League Soccer"
It's extremely annoying for us students to have to deal with the site crashes AT LEAST once a school year at the moments we need it to work the most. If the university is going to have us manage a part of our academic lives online, they should do everything possible to keep the servers from crashing... which they are probably trying to do.
But could you guys please try harder?

Sincerely,
A La Sallian student

No comments:

Post a Comment