Tuesday, January 29, 2013

New Heights

I didn't post last Wednesday. I didn't post over the weekend either. Why not, you ask? Here are the answers:
Wednesday, for the simple reason that there was nothing to write about. Weekend because I went on a hike. YAY HIKES!
We went to Daguldol, Batangas. 4hr hike, achieved in 3hrs40mins. At night. By moonlight. Who's awesome now, betch. We were the PM batch of DLSU OC to climb since the first batch started at around 3 or 4pm, I think? We started at 9:30pm?
I didn't realize how much I missed hiking until this hike. Normally, I'm not so hot for hiking trips and I usually suck at it. But for the first time, since EVER, I didn't mind the hike. The fact that our adventure started with us walking along the beach should have given me a clue as to how happy this hike would make me. And I actually felt kinda fulfilled during the hike instead of just after it.
(c) Ysa Omengan
Coming down was a bit harder. Extremely painful toes were the result of that one. It took way longer than it should have for me to get back to the base of the mountain.
But rewards are given to the deserving. We got to hang around at the beach before heading home. It was a bit rocky on the shore but near the end of the beach, there was a pier. 
(c) Ysa Omengan
We were able to jump off the pier! Which was extremely scary for me since I hate drops, especially since the pier was about... what? 15ft from the surface of the water? I might be exaggerating but that's what it felt like to me, but I did it twice. The first time with a little hesitation and the second time took like... 15mins of urging, but I did it anyway.
Yay me!
(c) Ysa Omngan
That pier in the distance. Yup.
So yeah, I'll have a vlog post up on Wednesday about the hike, and other stuff if I have more to talk about, and STILL have a post up by the weekend to make up for my week's absence.
Right now though, I have to go to bed. So g'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment