Thursday, April 5, 2012

Backtracking at Bratpack: The JanSport Story

I remember my first JanSport backpack...
I got it sometime when I was in 7th grade, my dad had bought it for me. I loved it. It was this abstract designed thing with faces in different shades of blue. I used it everyday after that, my mom would get mad because it almost never got washed. Some pretty good memories with that bag. After a few years though, my mom gave it to one of my cousins. I was pretty bummed out when I found out so said she'd just get me a new one.
Later, me and my mom headed over to Robinsons Galleria. Just to chill a bit. To my delight, there was a store selling JanSport backpacks. The store was Bratpack.
I dragged my mom into the store and did the smug face, complete with the wiggling eyebrows. She just sighed and let me take my pick of which one I wanted.
There were so many choices, it's impossible to not find a JanSport backpack to fit your personality and style. I took forever to pick and I pulled so many bags of the rack, at some point I was afraid the guard would kick me out of the store! But the clerks were nice and assisted me the whole time, they even commented on which bag colors and designs were more popular and which styles would better suit my needs.

So many s-backpack-ular (corny! haha) backpacks to choose from!
Eventually, I settled on the JanSport with different colored patches on it. I use it quite a bit, at school to carry all my books and things, to pack my stuff for sleepovers and even for my overnight trips when I go hiking!
Even my friend brought a JanSport backpack!
I love the fact that all the JanSport bags have a LIFETIME guarantee and that they're all so affordable! Not to mention durable. My backpack has been on so many hiking trips with me, it's hard for me to believe that there isn't even a single tear or loose thread on it yet.
I've been to different branches of Bratpack, and although the one in Robinsons Galleria isn't the biggest, I've got to say that I can't seem to bring myself to buy anything from the other branches. It's probably because of some kind of gratitude I have to the Galleria branch staff for making my crucial hours of backpack choosing fun. And honestly, they haven't let me down yet.

Me, at the Bratpack Robinsons Galleria branch with the JanSport Centennial backpacks!

Recently, I went back to Bratpack Galleria to take pictures and again, I took forever taking the pictures, but as usual the staff was patient and helpful. They even let us move the lights so we could adjust the lighting. (Me and my sister still need to work on our lighting skills though. Obviously.) I wish all the employees of all stores were like this.
Anyway, as I was roaming around the store, checking out the new JanSport bags, I came across these goodies:

Different bags for all your different needs!
There were so many new additions to the JanSport family! I was itching to get my hands on all of them.
First, we've got the Inner Beast Duffle bag. Isn't it just a-roar-able? It's great for the gym or overnight trips with friends! I know that if I had this, I'd be a total gym rat just to show off this bag!
Then, we've got the mini Superbreak and the Wheeled Superbreak. I think these two go together for smart travelers. We've got the super chic rainbow reptile print on the stroller for those trips abroad and the mini backpack to store your passports, wallets and other necessities. Traveling is exciting, but how much better would the experience be with the perfect traveling partners? Your JanSport duo! It's huge and lightweight so you can pack more outfits for the trip or pasalubongs for your loved ones! In fact, I think you can do both. Booyah!
Finally, we've got a classic from the Superbreak line, my favorite. The all-purpose backpack and really, how could you go wrong with that? I love the Alien Green color, but no matter what color or design you get, it's just the right size for everyday use. In fact instead of getting paper or plastic bags for your purchases, you could put your items right into your backpack! More convenient for shoppers (not to mention eco-friendly), especially if you love eating on-the-go since you won't have to juggle your food and the shopping bags.

I feel like, no matter what JanSport bag you're sporting, you're a winner. Why? JanSport isn't just about the bag, it's about the memories you make with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment